These are the cookies used for the functional and safe operation of our website. Not being able to use these cookies affects the operation of the website.
These are the cookies used to help us improve our website by collecting information about how you use our website.
These are the cookies used to increase customer satisfaction and our sales and marketing activities.
- Company Profile
- Reliable Public Services
- Role Model Within The Sector
- Shaping the New Energy World
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Daphne – Strategies For Afforestation Under The Power Lines
- Harvest – Energy Efficiency Harvesting In Electricity Distribution
- With the I Protect My Energy project, energy conservation is taught by gaming
- High Voltage Aerial Line Insulation Project
- Equal Opportunities in the Electricity Distribution Sector Project
- Microgrid Management Methods and Control Equipment Development
- News and Awards
Daphne – Strategies For Afforestation Under The Power Lines
The project is financed by EMRA R&D fund. Bartın University and Bartın Provincial Directorate of Forestry support the project. The project is planned to last for 14 months and be completed by the end of November 2020.
As part of the project, tree types that can adapt to the ecological conditions in the region were determined; and, the decision was made to plant bay trees as bay trees have high water retention capacity, do not grow so high, can adapt to the climatic and edaphic properties of the region and yield economic return for urban development.
We had 5,500 bay tree saplings planted for an area designated in Bartın province in November 25, 2019; and monitored the plant growth in the area with the drones throughout the project. With further replanting process, the bay tree saplings that were damaged or dried and could not grow were replaced with new saplings. The activities carried out and the plant development status were compiled to be presented in the International Conference on Energy, Economics, Security and Safety to be held in November 2020.
In principle, we are trying to prevent any incidents that may a pose a risk for the power lines and the environment by planting trees as part of the project.