We have 11.2 million distribution network connections accounting for approximately 26%of all distribution network connections in Turkey and 9.9 million customers representing approximately 22% of the retail electricity market.
As is the case all around the world, factors such as the economic growth and urbanization dynamics, the digital transformation trends, as well as young and dynamic population create a significant potential for growth in the electricity demand in Turkey. At Enerjisa Enerji, we aim to create long-term value for society and have adopted an innovative and environmentoriented approach while managing one of the indispensable necessities of our lives: electricity.
We are Turkey’s largest electricity distribution and retail company in a regulated sector. As of December 31, 2019, we have 11.2 million distribution network connections accounting for approximately 26% of all distribution network connections in Turkey and 9.9 million customers representing approximately 22% of the retail electricity market, in 14 provinces across three different distribution regions. We operate in the capital city Ankara, the Asian side of İstanbul which is the largest city in Turkey and major industrial and commercial cities with high population density, such as Adana, Gaziantep and Mersin.
The operations of electricity distribution companies are limited to the regions defined in their licenses. Retail companies sell electricity exclusively to non-eligible customers within the Company’s distribution regions as the incumbent companies and to eligible customers in their respective regions and in other parts of Turkey without regional limitations. Under Enerjisa Enerji A.Ş., we carry out our distribution and retail operations through:
- Başkent Elektrik Dağıtım A.Ş. (Başkent EDAŞ) and Enerjisa Başkent Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. (Başkent EPSAŞ), operating in the Başkent Region, which covers the provinces of Ankara, Zonguldak, Kastamonu, Kırıkkale, Karabük, Bartın and Çankırı.
- İstanbul Anadolu Yakası Elektrik Dağıtım A.Ş. (AYEDAŞ) and Enerjisa İstanbul Anadolu Yakası Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. (AYESAŞ), operating in the AYEDAŞ Region, which covers districts on the Anatolian side of Istanbul.
- Toroslar Elektrik Dağıtım A.Ş. (Toroslar EDAŞ) and Enerjisa Toroslar Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. (Toroslar EPSAŞ), operating in the Toroslar Region, which covers the provinces of Adan a, Gaziantep, Mersin, Hatay, Osmaniye and Kilis.
- Our electricity distribution operations are managed by Başkent EDAŞ, AYEDAŞ and Toroslar EDAŞ, while electricity retail operations are run by Başkent EPSAŞ, AYESAŞ and Toroslar EPSAŞ.
Following our successful public offering in 2018, we focused on corporate sustainability to develop a strategic and holistic approach regarding economic, environmental and social factors to create long-term value. Within this framework, we became a signatory of both the world’s largest volunteer enterprise sustainability initiative, the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) and the United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in 2019. We have also been included in the BIST Sustainability Index, which incorporates the companies listed in Borsa Istanbul with top performance in the corporate sustainability field.
Another important development in 2019 was in the field of corporate governance. By receiving our first Corporate Governance rating, we have certified that we are in significant compliance with the Corporate Governance Principles issued by the Capital Markets Board and that we have established a transparent and open communication by acting with a sense of responsibility towards all our stakeholders and society. Our Corporate Governance Rating was determined as 9.45 out of 10. Thus, we became one of the companies with the highest corporate governance rating and included in the BIST Corporate Governance Index as well.
Enerjisa Müşteri Çözümleri A.Ş. was established on December 29, 2017 to operate in customer solutions and distributed generation.
Enerjisa Enerji takes the energy supply security and uninterrupted electricity supply issues to the top of its sustainability agenda and continues to make investments to ensure continuity in energy supply. In addition to its core business areas in electricity distribution and retail, the Company leads the sector with its efforts in energy efficiency and e-mobility solutions.
Moreover, the Company closely follows opportunities in innovative business areas such as electric vehicle charging stations, electricity storage systems, smart home technologies and systems that help consumers produce their own electricity. The Company carries out its operations for customer solutions and distributed generation under Enerjisa Müşteri Çözümleri A.Ş. Enerjisa Müşteri Çözümleri A.Ş. acquired the majority of Elektrikli Araçlar Şarj Sistemleri A.Ş. (“Eşarj”) shares in 2018, becoming its controlling shareholder. In addition to its leadership in distribution and sales in the electricity sector, Enerjisa Enerji aims to take on an innovative and pioneering role in electric vehicles sector and play an active role in the transformation of the industry.
“As a brand that cares about and createsvalue for its customers”
Enerjisa Enerji is one of the best-known and most trusted brands in Turkey, thanks to the investments made with a long-term perspective by its two strong shareholders: E.ON, a leading energy company in Europe and Sabancı Holding, one of the largest holdings in Turkey. As we continue to invest in the Enerjisa brand, our objectives include possessing the highest awareness and best image in the sector, ensuring Enerjisa is perceived as a brand that cares about and creates value for its customers and fostering reliability and innovation. According to the Enerjisa Brand Awareness research, the brand’s top-ofmind awareness score grew to 75% in April 2019 from 22% in April 2015. Additionally, the spontaneous awareness score rose to 92% in April 2019 from 47% in April 2015. Since 2009, we have been perceived as one of the most admired and reputable companies in the energy sector and deemed award-worthy in this regard by numerous institutions.
E.ON is an international, privately owned energy supplier based in Essen, Germany. With a clear focus on two strong core businesses, aims to become the partner of choice for energy and customer solutions.
- Total RAB of €33.2 bn (Sweden, Germany, CEE & Turkey)
- Network grid length of 1,409,000 km for power plus 149,000 km for gas
- 51 m customers across Europe, including Turkey
One of Turkey’s largest business conglomerates;
- Main business areas include banking, insurance, energy, cement, retail and industry
- Operates in 12 countries, as of end of 2019
- With its 11 subsidiaries trading on Borsa Istanbul in addition to the Holding’s own shares, Sabancı Holding accounts for 8% of the market capitalization of Borsa Istanbul
- Partnerships with leading names in the world (Ageas, Aviva, Bridgestone, Carrefour, E.ON, Heidelberg Cement, Marubeni and Philip Morris)